Defensive Gravel Road
Gravel roads present their own unique challenges to safe driving and should be approached with caution.
Inexperience and lack of safety awareness result in too many fatal collisions and injuries on gravel roads. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills required to adjust your driving behaviour when travelling on gravel roads.
Defensive Driving techniques will be covered combined with a few skid control exercises.
Duration: One day (theory & practical)
Vehicles: Client to provide
Venue: Your premises
Certification: A competence certificate will be issued (valid for 2 years)
This course comprises of a theoretical session followed by a practical on-road driving with an instructor carefully watching every manoeuvre.
• Vehicle inspection – exterior & interior
• Seating position & Steering position
• What is a hazard?
• System of vehicle control
• S I P D E system: Scan, Identify, Predict, Decide, Execute
• Commentary driving
• Fatigue management/Driver fitness
• Method of over overtaking
• Reaction time/Brake distance recognition (ABS)
• Following distance/Stopping distance
• Sense of acceleration/Speed according to circumstances
• Tyre safety & grip/Tyre sidewall lettering
• Economical driving
• Off-road driving
• Load & speed rating
• Skidding exercises:
o Loss of Control
o Regain of Control
o Emergency Lane Change
o Braking distance (ABS/No ABS)
o Over Steer
o Under Steer
• Debrief and Certification